Enhancing your Appearance with Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Cosmetic eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, and give a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
What Does Blepharoplasty Treat?
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness or puffiness of the lower eyelids
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Is Blepharoplasty Right for Me?
Cosmetic eyelid surgery is usually performed on adult men and women who have healthy facial tissue and muscles and have realistic goals for improvement of the upper and/or lower eyelids and surrounding area.
Am I a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty?
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
You must tell your doctor if you have any of these medical conditions:
- Eye diseases such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
- Heart or vascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders or diabetes
Eyelid Surgery Consultation
Shepherd Eye Center offers patients a variety of cosmetic surgery options to enhance the look of the skin around their eyes. Call our office at 702.819.8769 or click here to schedule a consultation and find out if eyelid surgery is right for you.