Why Choose Us
At the Shepherd Eye Center, we have 13 doctors (all ophthalmologists, medical MD’s for the eyes) and approximately 150 full-time staff members. Not only are our doctors some of the most qualified and caring physicians in the entire region, but we also pride ourselves in the highest level of technician training available.
Each year we provide continuing medical education certified by JCAHPO and we excel in daily and weekly training programs for our techs which in turn provides the most qualified staff to attend to our patients. Extensive training in ophthalmic testing and exams prepares our employees to pass their Certified Ophthalmic Assisting (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) qualification tests.
Our surgery staff includes highly trained registered nurses, scrub techs, and support staff who maintain the highest standards in the industry with the only AAAHC certified surgery center in the state of Nevada.
Our Optical Shop
In our optical shop, a licensed optician is always available to take responsibility for filling prescriptions for glasses. All our optical staff are up-to-date on the latest technology and advancements in eye wear.
Hassle Free Accounting
Our accounting, insurance, and billing specialists can help make insurance coverage as easy and pain free as possible. In our efforts to become the first ophthalmology office in Nevada to go “paperless” with completely electronic medical records, we support an experienced Management Information Systems (MIS) staff who work hard to make Shepherd Eye Center leaders in efficient computer technology. But more than anything, you’ll find “people who care.” The patient comes first and we strive hard to keep it that way.
Our Surgery Center
Most of our surgeries are performed at the Shepherd Eye Surgicenter with postoperative care conveniently provided at all four of our location. Our surgery facility is state-licensed, Medicare-certified, and consists of two operating rooms, a preoperative area, a postoperative area, and a comfortable reception area for your family and friends. The staff at the Shepherd Eye Surgicenter is devoted to providing an unparalleled level of experience, quality of care, convenience, comfort, and safety to their patients.
- More cataract surgeries are performed at The Shepherd Eye Surgicenter than anywhere else in Nevada.
- The operating rooms are staffed by surgical nurses and technicians who are specifically trained in ophthalmic surgery.
- Over 5,000 procedures are performed annually.
Quality of Care
- Certified by Medicare, ensuring that our patients receive the highest quality level of surgical service.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), which represents the highest and most vigorous standards available for ambulatory surgery center.
- The Shepherd Eye Surgicenter is devoted exclusively to ophthalmic surgery, optimizing the efficiencies afforded through “economies of scope”.
- We possess a well documented track record of Patient Satisfaction.
- Virtually every member of our staff is devoted to safeguarding the precious gift of sight for all members of the community, particularly our senior citizens.
- The Shepherd Eye Surgicenter is free from bureaucratic inefficiencies experienced at many hospitals. There are no long waits here for the care that you desire and deserve.
- Easy parking with quick access to our surgery center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff members to help you through the entire process from check-in to postoperative services.
Comfort & Safety
- The nurses and technicians at The Shepherd Eye Surgicenter are specially trained to provide a safe and comfortable surgical experience.
- Our operating rooms are designed to enhance the patient’s opportunity for a smooth and comfortable experience.
- The operating rooms are equipped to provide superior patient monitoring during surgery.
- Patients are never left unattended by our medical staff during the operative process.
- Our permanent surgical staff of Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians uphold the highest standards for a safe and caring environment.